Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Introduction

Hello James (and general public, I suppose). 
I am Ashley. 
I have never used this site before so if it looks a little boring, I promise I'll make it better later. 
I am in the BFA program for Digital Media and I am taking this class because I am a gamer. 
I ultimately want to make video games for a living, so my school "career" has been spent gaining skills that can somehow be applicable to that field (and if not that, some other job that I will enjoy). My goal in life is to enjoy every aspect of it. So far, I have hated every job I've had, but they have all been a means to an end (and retail is terrible by nature).

So that's the boring, standard stuff out of the way. Which leaves me not knowing what else to say really. Since I work and go to school full time I barely find time during the school year to pursue my hobbies. The only thing I have really managed to make time for (and even then, not enough time for) is Star Wars: the Old Republic. I have been playing this MMO since launch with my brother and sister in law, so the game is more about my own character and anything we can do as family than it is about  meeting new people. That being said, we have joined a guild with people who are there for themselves and other family members (spouses or siblings) and we end up having a lot of fun.  My brother and I say particularly horrible things to each other and very much enjoy confusing people who have not met us before. That is the best general description of about 3 hours of my week outside of work and school.
I do have other hobbies such as watching anime, reading manga, reading books, making costumes,etc but I have not managed to make enough time to do any of those in...2 years or so now. 
I am actually calling this past summer the most successful summer in years because I played a console game from start to finish, read 3 books, went on vacation and quit the most stressful job I've ever had for a less stressful job where I get paid more to work less. This semester, I have weekends! (I haven't had weekends in 5 years), though I have 6 classes this semester so we'll see how these weekends turn out.
I hate endings (which is partially why MMO's get more of my attention than any other game) and I have no way to wrap this up nicely so...yeah........

No comments:

Post a Comment